Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Slice of extraordinary chocolate cream pie


This is the last slice of Dylan's birthday pie. Dylan had requested chocolate cream pie for his birthday dinner. Not wanting just the ordinary instant pudding and cool whip pie, I did some surfing. I found a recipe for Emeril's Chocolate Cream pie. At www.allrecipes.com I found lots of recipes with good reviews for chocolate cream pie. The recipe called "Rich Chocolate Truffle pie" caught my eye and made my taste buds water. Since the Truffle pie had fewer ingredients and better fit the time I had, that's the one I made. It was a good choice - a very very good choice. It will be repeated for special ocassions.

I do want to make Emeril's chocolate cream pie and another recipe that caught my attention which called for chocolate candy bars, marshmallows and cool whip. Need to have a taste test - though the truffle pie will be hard to beat. When's the next special ocassion?

I couldn't bring myself to pay for a prepared chocolate graham cracker crust nor enough Oreos to make 2 pie crusts so I created my own recipe.

Chocolate Graham Cracker pie crust
1 ¼ C graham cracker crumbs
¼ - ½ C cocoa
½ C sugar
½ C melted butter

Mix ingredients together. Press into 9” pie pan. Bake 7 minutes at 350. Cool.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Sarah's birthday? Or Jared's? You could make one while you're here; I won't mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's a recipe I'll being looking up! Looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we'll have a chocolate cream pie day and try all three recipes. One for Sarah, one for Jared, and one for Mary - so we celebrate a bit early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very yummy. I love chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am fairly certain that the numerous comments that look like Chinese that have been posted to your blog are just spam, but for what purpose???

    Just for the fun of it, I went to translate.google.com to see what I was missing. Assuming that these are Chinese, here is the translation for the lat two comment on this post:

    nice blog yo ~ ~ I will always look at fuel ~!! ...................................

    To stay updated Yo, refueling!!! Look forward to your new article !!!................................. ......................

    They don't seem to really apply.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They certainly don't and neither did any of the others. Didn't know about Translate.google

    ReplyDelete