Sunday, November 14, 2010
Found an excuse to make these again. Just as tasty - and this time I remembered to get a picture before they were all gone. I intentionally added 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts instead of the 1 cup called for in the original recipe. Really like the nuttiness of the bottom crust and streusel-like topping.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
For our family dinner Sunday I was to bring dessert. I came across a couple of pumpkin recipes I thought I'd try - after all it was Halloween. One was Pumpkin Brownies. They were okay but I probably won't make them again. The other was Pumpkin Pie Bars. They didn't have a bit of chocolate in them but oh my were they good! They are definitely on my preferred recipe list! Thought I'd share.
Pumpkin Pie Bars by Eagle Brand
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts (Pecans are a good choice SL)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, nuts, sugars and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add butter, mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 1/4 cups of the mixture. Pat remaining mixture on bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon, allspice and salt; mix well. Pour evenly over crust. Mix reserved crumbs with 1 tablespoon flour. Sprinkle over pumpkin mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
I used probably 1 ½ cups of pecans – really tasted good. In my haste to get these put together for dinner Sunday, I forgot to add the flour to the crumb topping.
I served whipped cream with these bars.
For a picture you'll need to go to http://www.eaglebrand.com/recipes/details/?RecipeId=4029&categoryIndex=-1 - I couldn't figure out how to get the picture - we finished the pan before I thought to get a picture. Hmmm, maybe I need to make another batch.