Tuesday, April 28, 2009

One At Least or A Day of Discovery

As I was hauling a trash can of garden debris to the street I discovered one sweet pea blossom. I was afraid the weather was getting too hot and I wouldn't get any blossoms. But there it was. The sweet pea vines may not be as lush as I remember Grandpa Cowles' wall of vines, but at least I have one blossom.

On my way in from taking the picture I noticed some unexpected color in one of the flower beds. One of Daddy's epiphyllums (ugly plants but survivors with exotic blossoms) had a bloom. Looks like we will be favored with another bloom soon. (For picture taking purposes the blossom was laid on top of a miniature rose bush - that's why the background is attractive.)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! You'll figure out my mindset when I tell you I misread "discovery" as "recovery" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Peas are the best, so pretty and smell so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a veriy pretty epi blossom - I don't have a pink one. They have an epi show at the Wild Animal Park next Saturday, but I don't know if I'll feel like going up after the Primary Activity day. But I thought it would be fun to pick up a few starts in memory of Daddy. I LOVE sweet peas - wish I had a great wall to plant them along.

    ReplyDelete