Friday, May 22, 2009

Doesn't This Look Good?

Our garden is coming along. While the regular tomatoes are still getting bigger our cherry tomato plant alread has some ripe tomatoes. I took a picture and then picked. We've already enjoyed some beans. The sugar snap peas were good. We enjoyed some and froze the rest for stir fry later this year.






We've had a small picking of green beans. Blossoms promise more.
Last Monday for FHE we planted another row of green beans where the peas were. In this picture you can see the first row behind the bell pepper.

And the bell pepper plants now have baby peppers on them. This one looks a lot bigger than it really is.



Along with beans we planted cucumbers around empty tomato cages and they are already coming up. If you look closly you can see the dirt lifted in the background where we should see bean seedlings in a day or so. We also planted zuchinni squash and cantalope. The zuchinni is also making an appearance.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Looks great, Suzanne. Maybe I'll post some pictures in a little while. I had some friends come and plant things for me since I have use of only one arm for such things at the present time, and they came over tonight to check on things. Carol Ann went out with them to see how things were doing, and she said things were doing really well. I'm glad to hear it. I haven't been out for several days, so I didn't know my beans were up. Congrats on the your things that are already producing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! We are anxiously awaiting our crop. Our cantaloupe plants died shortly after planting though. We'll have to redo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so jealous!!! your plants look great with produce... I can't wait for my tomatoes to spring up with some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't do a garden this year and I'm already regretting it since I love garden tomatoes. Yours look delicious.

    ReplyDelete