Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oh Dear, Not So Dear Deer

The pot of geraniums I planted in March have, over the last two months really filled in and bloomed beautifully and profusely. The pot is a most welcome spot of color. Saturday morning the color was gone. Marauders had removed the geranium flowers and the petunia and Gerber Daisy flowers near the front door. If you look carefully at the picture taken a couple of days later you will see 13 flower stems with no flowers. As you can see a new flush of bloom is on the way.I suspected deer and found the hoof prints to back up my suspicions. It's hard to tell in the photo but within the square formed by the sticks is a hoof print.
I am grateful they only enjoyed the blossoms and not the plants - dear, dear, deer.

1 comment:

  1. Geraniums stink so much I wouldn't think those dear deer would want to eat them. They would have bad breath all day!

    ReplyDelete