Friday, March 20, 2009

Gardening Time in San Antonio

Monday morning there were a few sugar snap pea blossoms. By that evening there were noticeably more and they have continued to pop open all week. Hopefully we will get some peas before the weather gets too warm.
Monday evening Richard and I planted a row of green beans and mulched our vegetables. Richard picked some of the spinach which we are enjoying in salads.

Wednesday I purchased some Sunmaster tomato and Camelot bell pepper transplants which I plan to get in today before I go to work.

One of my camillia bushes is still blooming and had a particulary gorgeous bloom on it this week. An azalea bush is about to burst forth in color.

Richard brought to my attention a very good sale on annuals at Home Depot this morning. So I went there and got 62 plants in 4 1/2" pots to put in our flower beds. I also got a trailing petunia that is supposedly heat and drought tolerant. Unfortunately it will no doubt be put to the test. I also saw some stock I couldn't resist - they remind me of Grandma Harmon. She had some in a planter by her front door for many years. They smell sooo nice.
Time to go plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment