Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spring has progressed





Several years ago I planted some freesia bulbs. They have bloomed with varying degrees of abundance over the years. This is the first of this year's bloom. They are in a cut glass bud vase I purchased in Ireland.




The tangerine bush is bursting into bloom. It smells heavenly. The bees and other insects are enjoying a feast which I don't begrudge. Notice the teeny baby tangerines.















I really enjoy the ground orchids. They are a colorful color spot. Individually the flowers are really pretty.

4 comments:

  1. Ya, I wish I could grow something. I have every intention of planting a garden this year, but haven't the vaguest idea of where to start. I'm envious, in case you couldn't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flowers. I haven't been doing much in the way of cultivation this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful. I am excited to start our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your flowers! Our lemon tree is in full bloom now too. I did a little weeding Saturday, but it was a drop in the bucket. I'm anxious to get plants out of pots and into a permanent spot in the ground! It's spring - it's time!

    ReplyDelete