Friday, March 20, 2009

Mmm, Mmm Good - and Easy Too!















I came across a recipe for Unbelievable Cookies that only has three ingredients. I was intrigued so today I made a batch. They really are easy and tasty.

Unbelievable Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream peanut butter and sugar. Add egg and mix until well blended. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Use a fork to flatten balls in a cross hatch pattern.

Bake until lightly brown and just firm to the touch about 10 minutes. Let cool on pan for about 5 minutes before putting them on a cooling rack. (They are very crumbly when just out of the oven.) Makes about 2 dozen cookies - I got 20.

Enjoy prudently.

7 comments:

  1. Yum, I love any type of PB cookies, I might just have to make these!! I enjoy soft cookies, but crumbly with milk is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made these before and they are pretty good. That makes me crave them a little right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm gonna have to try that. Peanut butter is one of the few things I can eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, that's intriguing. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any recipe that has only three ingredients has got to be amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mother was over for dinner and asked if we had tried out your recipe, yet. No, because it is hard to believe. She said she was going to try out a half recipe except for the half egg thing. So, I'll have to give it a try and share with her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum I love pb cookies!!! I'll have to try

    ReplyDelete