Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Oh! By the Way...

On August 16th I was released from the Stake Primary Presidency. On August 23rd I was extended the calling of Ward Relief Society President and sustained on September 6th. For those who are thinking "haven't you done this before," the answer is yes. This will be the third time for me to serve in this capacity: first time in Shreveport when Julie was a baby, and here about 17 years ago.
I have spent much of the past quarter of a century working in the Primary organization - either in Scouting, Nursery or the Stake Primary presidency (with Scouting or Nursery responsibilities). This will be a change!

My third time as a den leader was probably the most rewarding, as was my third time as nursery leader. I'm hopeful the pattern will continue.

As notes of interest:
1 - In San Antonio I was called under Neil Jorgensen. He was released and Roger Davis was the new bishop and I served under him. This time I will serve under Rod Davis - Roger Davis' twin brother.
2 - There are now 3 Lawrences in the Ward Correlation -Janet as YW President, Richard as HP Group Leader, and yours truly.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck!!! I'm sure you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--challenges never cease. Glad there are Lawrences there to keep the ward running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are so experienced and can take on just about everything! Your ward is blessed by your family, your faithfulness and valiant years of service!

    ReplyDelete