Thursday, September 10, 2009

WOW!


Doesn't the chair on the right look good!?!
On Monday Janet and I found and purchased, because it was on sale for half price (and the only way we could afford it), fabric to cover the dining chair seats and the wing chair. We also found coordinating fabric to make curtains for the living room. Since Richard has worked so hard on redoing the living room I thought I should get started on the chair seats. What a difference! The fabric is reversible. Over Thanksgiving break Janet and I plan to recover the wing chair with the lighter side as the right side. I had to special order the curtain fabric because they didn't have enough on the bolt. Time for one more seat before I need to move on to other things.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. They do look really good. I love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference! I like that fabric a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, Mom, WOW! That does look great. Some throw pillows in the dark side might look great with the wing chair. It will all look wonderful. Such great improvements you are making. The color on my screen must not be quite right though. That can't possibly be brown fabric... is it a dark purple?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it really is brown fabric. Try Dark Chocolate Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the chocolate brown (especially dark chocolate -haha) with the blue! It looks terrific! Must be a lot of work to cover the chairs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Covering the dinning chairs is relatively easy - if the staple gun is working properly. The wing chair will be a challenge. But it is going to be SOOOO worth it. (I keep telling myself that.)

    ReplyDelete