Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Thing of Beauty


Alright. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But if you've suffered through the driest two-year period on record and spent hours hand watering in hopes plants would survive and not even considering their thriving, this is a VERY pretty picture. This was today's rainfall. When the picture was taken we were getting another few sprinkles of rain. More rain is predicated for Thursday and Friday.

Another delight for today. Today's high was only 88 - the first time the high has been below 90 since May 23rd. For most of July and August our highs were in the triple digits.

I might even enjoy this September!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. We, too, have had triple digit temps and no rain.
    I am not watering several trees.
    Trying to give away firewood during a hot spell isn't very successful, but I do want it out.
    Neighbor had wanted it but not now.
    What a special blessing you will be as Relief Society President. You have the many qualifications and spirit desirable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could use some of that rain in this neck of the woods. I guess when you live in Las Vegas you should get used to hot and dry weather, but I am tired of it and am anxiously awaiting cooler temps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear. Temple attendance must be up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for it to get cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see some of your rain -not just the humidity from Baja's hurricanes. But fall is on its way! I'm ready, fall! Come on in!

    ReplyDelete