Tuesday, December 30, 2008

THE Birthday Cake

Dinner was good. But the cake was what Abby and I had been looking forward to. It was a triple layer chocolate sour cream cake with peanut butter cream cheese frosting and a dark chocolate glaze. Adjectives would include scrumptious, yummy and decadent.


Abby almost patiently waited with much anticipation for the cutting of the cake.
Dad wasn't going to get any of HER cake.


Marshall tackled his piece first with a fork.



But hey, this is serious business. You need a fork and hand to enjoy the whole thing.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you could gloss over my hours of dinner preparations by saying "dinner was good, but..." Just kidding. That cake is delicious. I don't think I ever need to look for another recipe for a birthday cake. Fun post. You've captured the moment well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering just thinking about your cake. I think I need the recipe for that frosting. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy. You should post the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Suzanne. Glad you were able to celebrate in style. The cake looks incredible, and I'll bet you all enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete