Friday, January 30, 2009

The Rest of the Story


In response to my email to Bethlehem Master as to who the benefactor was I received the following email.
Hi Mrs. Lawrence,

We hand carved this set out of Bethlehem Holy Land for you because your son is a good friend of ours and we asked him if he would like us to carve something for him. At that point he said make something nice for my Mother

Your set was also blessed at the Holy Nativity church in Bethlehem where Jesus was born and here are the pictures during the blessing
http://www.bethlehemmasters.com/pictures.htm

Best Regards,
Bethlehem Olive Wood Supplies Team
Ghasan Darwesh Workshop Manager

Jared's version:
We have a supplier of Bethlehem Olive Wood who I was talking to one day. I happened to mention that my mom really liked nativities, and so he made me give him your address.


This nativity will be a reminder not of where someone has been but of friendship and love.

The company really does produce some beautiful work. You might enjoy looking at their online catalogue. The URL is http://www.bethlehemmasters.com/

2 comments: