Monday, January 26, 2009

It's the Year of the Ox

In a nod to the Chinese New Year Richard and I hosted the San Antonio Family dinner last night and served Chinese food - as authentic as I could make it. I've learned that we prefer Chinese Chinese food better than American Chinese food. I set the table with a red table cloth and our place settings were dishes Beverly found for us in China.

The first two dishes are from recipes Beverly got when she was in China from a Sister Dong.

Spicy Chicken











Beef with Broccoli

The next three dishes are from from recipes I found at http://www.rasamalaysia.com/







Cashew Chicken

The finale was a lemon cake - not Chinese but good.

I use two Meyer Lemons I managed to grow on my tree this year.

I'd be happy to fix any or all of these dishes for visitors.

8 comments:

  1. yum. I always want Chinese food, now I want it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was a lot of different dishes! We celebrated last night at a Chinese restaurant with family. We all liked the food there. But I agree, nothing like the real Chinese food in China where Beverly and Kent know exactly what's good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks good. You have some amazing meals together. We wish we could be part of your dinner group. Wendy is lucky to have you nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to celebrate the Chinese New Year with Chinese food! You certainly made a feast, it looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Mom that looks amazing! Makes me very hungry. And Chinese sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks delicious! Where did those dishes come from? I mean the actual food vessels not the food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dishes are from China. I asked Beverly for some dishes the Chinese would use and these are the ones she brought me.

    ReplyDelete